In her book, Eat THAT Cookie! How Workplace Positivity Pays Off... For Individuals, Teams and Organizations, Liz gets real about all that and more. In her darkly humorous, ever-so-slightly sarcastic style -after all she was an ER nurse - she builds a case for the powerful benefits of a positive workplace. (Hint: better patient service, improved efficiencies and lower employee turnover all make the list.)
Funny, inspiring and relatable, Eat THAT Cookie! is packed with realistic, down-to-earth tactics leaders can use right now to infuse positivity into their culture.
Readers will learn:
- Why hokeyness - in the form of giant smiley face cookies and no-negativity days - actually works
- How to decree and enforce "mandatory fun" so that it's really, well, fun
- Guidelines for doing celebrations the right way
- How not to succumb to "process paralysis"
- Why victim thinking is so destructive, and how to eliminate it from the organization
- How to stop judging shoe-heel smashers, pants unzippers, and other irritating patients
"For the first 18 years of my career I used to say that if we could just get some decent patients I would love my work!" says Liz. "But the perfect clientele doesn't exist. And guess what? I can have a good day anyway. I've found that happiness is a decision?anywhere, any time, in any economy."
Put the tips in Eat THAT Cookie! into practice, you'll be amazed by the rapid improvements you see in your organization - in terms of energy, focus, productivity and yes, happiness.