Click here to access Engaging Physicians Chapter Tools
From the author of bestselling and highly acclaimed Practicing Excellence, comes a tactical and passionate roadmap for physician collaboration to generate organizational high performance.
The book is designed for healthcare leaders and physicians to answer every question regarding getting physicians "on board" and creating partners for organizational change.
Engaging Physicians is a tested, staged approach to create physician loyalty, improve physician partnerships and generate superior organizational performance. Dr. Beeson brings a simple and specific approach to getting physicians on board, and engaging physicians in healthcare performance efforts.
"The intention of this manual is to help leaders and physicians care for the patient above all else, and to make the pursuit of saving lives and making a difference our shared purpose," says Dr. Beeson.
Engaging Physicians is filled with tactical tools to help leaders partner with the most pivotal players in the system and shows leaders how to:
- Create and boldly project a compelling organizational vision
- Assemble a high-performance leadership structure, built to achieve outcomes based on a proven Evidence-Based LeadershipSM model
- Select, develop and activate effective physician leaders and physician champions to lead change
- Train and develop physicians using proven behaviors that will improve clinical care and the patient experience
- Use performance feedback, and physician balanced scorecards for physicians to drive and improve quality and service outcomes
- Create, communicate and implement physician behavioral standards consistent with an organizational vision
- Manage disruptive physicians in a proactive, fair and consistent manner
- Recognize physicians in a way that generates physician organizational loyalty