Our professional field has always dealt with change. But the environment we’re navigating now requires change at a new level. We’ve moved from experiencing episodic change to continuous change—and as John Kotter has famously noted, that requires a whole different set of skills and a whole different level of urgency.
In Maximize Performance: Creating a Culture for Educational Excellence, Quint Studer and Dr. Janet Pilcher explain how to leverage the powerful values that have always defined educators—passion, fortitude, willingness to learn—to meet the challenges of our disruptive external environment. Together, they lay out the framework, principles, processes, and tactics that hardwire excellence in educational systems—all the while growing a culture of consistent, reliable execution that drives quality higher and higher (and higher!) and produces significant results.
The book will help you:
- Apply organizational and leadership assessments to diagnose educational system strengths and areas to improve
- Align key performance drivers throughout the educational system (all schools and all departments)
- Coach executive teams to work with leaders to select school and department strategies aligned to key drivers
- Engage in district, department, and school performance reviews to validate the execution of strategies at the system, school, and department levels
- Train leaders in core leadership skills: Performance Management, Key Communication Skills, Teamwork