SOME IS NOT A NUMBER. SOON IS NOT A TIME. SOMEHOW IS NOT A STRATEGY!
How will your organization survive and thrive with the shift from volume to value? In healthcare, change used to be less frequent. But today, each of us works in a capacity-constrained environment where change is constant and patient volume is ever increasing. Flow matters. In fact, it’s non-negotiable.
Efficient patient flow has never been more critical to ensure patient safety, satisfaction, and optimal reimbursement. In The Patient Flow Advantage: How Hardwiring Hospital-Wide Flow Drives Competitive Performance, Drs. Kirk Jensen and Thom Mayer share tips and best practices from their Flow Tool Kit. This resource was developed based on years of hardwiring flow in hundreds of hospitals across the U.S. and Canada.
Building on principles first outlined in their earlier book Hardwiring Flow: Systems and processes for Seamless Patient Care, the authors offer specific tips, tools, and techniques to add value and eliminate waste. The goal: to build effectiveness, efficiency and a patient-centric focus into the heart of every process that serves patients.
Readers will learn:
- The 7 core strategies to hardwire flow and the tools that support them
- Why—and how—to use Evidence-Based LeadershipSM for agile, effective teamwork and a culture of safety and accountability
- Valuable lessons to apply from other industries —like restaurants, aviation, and submarine operations—that get flow right (or that have mastered flow)
- "Advanced" flow concepts, including how to use targeted systems hospital-wide to relieve boarding and speed patient care
- How to apply these strategies to the "frontiers of flow," in acute care surgery, critical care medicine, radiology, and anesthesia services
Data, knowledge, and wisdom. Learn to leverage your people, your processes, and your healthcare spaces to better serve your patients, providers, leaders, and staff. The Patient Flow Advantage is your must have guide to hardwire hospital-wide flow.